Weak tornado touches down in Trimble County | News
TRIMBLE COUNTY, KY (WAVE) – The National Weather Service has confirmed an EF0 tornado touched down near Mount Pleasant in Trimble County on Tuesday. No deaths or injuries were reported.
The tornado touched down briefly along Mount Pleasant Road northwest of Bedford, snapping tree branches along a narrow path, according to the NWS. Wind speeds topped 65 miles-per-hour.
Occupants of a mobile home witnessed the tornado as it approached from the west and took shelter in their bathroom. A large tree next to their home fell, crushing a pickup truck. The mobile home sustained minor damage.
About 4 ½ miles northeast of the tornado, 75 mile-per-hour downburst winds were reported. They tore much of the metal roofing off a barn. The roofing had just been replaced following damage from one of the March 2 tornadoes that hit Trimble County.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Northeast Kentucky Stories
Upcoming Events near Northeast Kentucky
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb