Man indicted for murder of sisters arrested | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – State troopers have caught a 57-year-old man charged with murdering two women in Oldham County late last year.
Ronnie Evridge claimed self-defense in the December 17, 2011 shootings that killed his girlfriend, Sandy Allen, 24, and her sister, Heather Fulkerson, 21, at his home outside Westport.
According to a press release, around 2:30 a.m. Friday troopers from the KSP Campbellsburg post and the KSP Special Operations Team arrested Evridge in a building in the 1400 block of La Grange Road in Henry County, about two miles west of New Castle. The release states Evridge tried to flee from troopers out a rear door, but was taken into custody without incident. KSP said an arsenal of weapons and ammo were found both at the scene of the arrest and in Evridge's car.
Thursday morning, Evridge was indicted by an Oldham County grand jury on two counts of murder and one count of tampering with physical evidence.
Evridge was booked at the Oldham County Jail by Kentucky State Police around 3 a.m. Friday. He is expected to be arraigned later in Friday morning.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Northeast Kentucky Stories
Upcoming Events near Northeast Kentucky
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb